I have had this bar for 2 years now. Here are my opinions:
1. The build quality is excellent. The sleeves spin like a dream. The bar is hard and does not show wear as easily as other brands.
2. The Cerekote quality is excellent. Not a single chip or quality issue. Looks great!
3. The 27mm bar is a great size for me, my wife, and my teens - a happy median.
4. The thick collar on the sleeves is beneficial because it spaces the plates out an additional inch or two, keeping the plates from hitting the uprights when walking out a squat (unlike some other brands).
5. Don’t worry about loadable sleeve length being less than the competition. We both know you’re not going to fill it up. Also, see the benefits of point 4 above.
6. You probably don’t think you’ll use the triple ring spacing, but you certainly will. You need this.
7. The knurling is smaller, but just as grippy as the power bar. With the smaller diameter, you don’t really need more knurling anyway.
8. The tapered end of the sleeve is helpful for ease of loading plates. They center up and slide right on.
9. The extra width on the center knurl helps stick this bar on your back.
10. Branch Warren is awesome.
Please put this bar in the main section with the other bars so more folks can discover how great it is!
What a beautiful bar! Love how it feels in hand proud to own it
Absolutely loving my bodybuilding bar! The green cerakote and chrome is absolutely gorgeous, and the craftsmanship on this bar is unmatched. This bar is a great all purpose bar. The knurling and thinner diameter make it super solid in the hand, and the triple hash marks make setting up grip width for a variety of exercises very easy. You won't regret getting this bar!
I ordered the bar when there were shortages last year, and they came through quick! The bar has excellent spacing, knurl, and a small amount of whip. Incredible build and value.
I got the Bodybuilding Bar in Red cerakote and I'm very happy with it. I went cheap on all my other gym equipment and got the best barbell possible (for my needs) and I'm glad I did. The 3 sets of rings are super useful, and the knurl is aggressive without destroying your hands. I don't have enough weight to really flex the bar yet, but it does seem to have lots of whip so far. My ONLY concern with this bar is the loadable space on the sleeves. If you were using super thick rubber plates you could definitely run out of room. Stick to iron and you're FINE. I've used several of the Rogue bars and this Texas bar one is by far my favorite.